Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Focus - Sizzix Texture Fades & Dies sets

Hi! Suzz here. It's Friday! Yeah!
Time to celebrate with a new Friday Focus which is all about the Sizzix Texture Fades & Dies sets.

The Sizzix Texture Fades & Dies sets are currently available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique an extra 15% discount through June 22nd!

I had so much fun playing with a mix of dies and embossing folders and have a few photos to share of the different pieces and projects I created along the way.

First off is a lovely Faith Journal:


I started with the lovely dragonfly die and embossing folder. 


I used the dragonfly embossing folder to emboss a piece of cardstock which had a mix of Ranger distress oxide inks smeared over the surface and then a layer of Ranger Distress Stain spray painted over the surface. I added shading with a black watercolor pencil to make the embossed image pop.

I put this piece of scrap onto a painted black journal cover and then added more sprinkle of white paint, silver glitter and a beautiful key.

While playing with the dragonfly I ended up with more variations of the dragonfly:


The first one was just cardstock sprayed with distress stain sprays and black ink smeared over the raised surface.

The second one was a  multi step process to give a thickness to the dragonfly.


The first step was to die cut the dragonfly from cardboard. I then applied a layer of embossing paste onto the cardboard base. While the dragonfly was wet I sprayed a sheet of tissue paper with a mix of greens and blues. I then dried the tissue paper and layered it onto the wet paste. I pressed the embossing folder into the tissue paper and paste to imprint the ridges onto the paste. I then let that dry. You can add more paint, colors to the tissue paper surface.

I used the cardstock dragonfly to create a card:


I love spraying embossing folders and pressing them on cardstock to capture an impression. You can see that in the background on this card as well as on my next card using the bumblebee.


For this background I rubbed the ink pad directly onto the bumblebee embossing folder and pressed it onto the cardstock. It gave a lovely impression of the bee onto the cardstock. I then just stamped over the image and stenciled on the words. 

My final playtime was with the beautiful butterfly.


I cut the butterfly out of cardboard.  I then used another embossing folder to spray and stamp the harlequin effect over the surface of the butterfly. I stamped a few different images and edged it with black paint.

Head over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique and take  a look at all the wonderful Texture Fades & Dies sets in stock and on sale!

Suzz




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations Suzz! I love the outcome of the dragonfly with the paste/tissue paper/embossing folder technique, it looks fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational! I love all these creations, and find myself reaching for dragonfly, butterfly & bee themes often. Our have inspired me to play today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, these are just great! I love the colors you chose to work with and the great tips for using the texture fades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great variations on using the embossing folders! These ideas will be put to use. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many creative and clever ideas for using these dies/fades sets! I love the way you've added the steampunk key to the centre of the dragonfly, adore the multi layered dragonfly and as for using the bee folder as a stamp - SO effective! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool Suzz! Love the dragonfly and will add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, Suzz! You did amazing things with these embossing folders! I'm inspired to get mine out and give them a go! Like Autumn, that dragonfly has moved to the top of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great tutorial, love those techniques!

    ReplyDelete