Thursday, May 11, 2017

Guest Designer - Jess Madaglia

It is time to introduce you to our Guest Designer for The Sound of Music challenge. Please say hello and welcome to Jess Madaglia of  Two Mad Dahlias, who was the top pick from the 'Count Me In' challenge.


Hi! I am so excited to be joining the Sound of Music challenge as a guest designer. 

Thank you to the team for asking me to submit a project. I am a Boston girl now living in Arizona with my husband, daughter, and four kitties. I am an avid junker and a voracious reader I have been crafting for many years and love all of the different opportunities it has brought me.


I really wanted to push myself for this challenge so I tried something brand new to me and made an exploding canvas using tissue wrap, inks, vintage sheet music, embossing powders, and more. It was pretty stressful cutting into a canvas I had decorated and knew there was no going back once the knife sliced through.


***************

You are going to want to pop over to Jess's blog to check out all the details of how she made this fabulous canvas.  When you are finished, come on back and share your music creation with us.  The challenge can be found here and runs until 11:55 pm EST on May 23rd.

26 comments:

  1. This is absolutely awesome Jess! Loving that musical explosion to reveal the wistful young lady sat amongst the stars. Thank you so much for sharing this and joining us at Frilly and Funkie as a Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That starry night background is stunning! Your explosion canvas turned out famously! I love all the beautiful details. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the lovely framed opening! Thanks for guest designing with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already been to your blog, Jess. This is amazing, and yep! I bet it was very stressful cutting that gorgeous canvas! Well done and CONGRATS on your Guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the exploding canvas!! Such a fun concept. And absolutely adore the color scheme you went with. Great job Jess!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biggest congrats Jess! This is an amazing canvas! You are so talented. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgoues ! Everything about it is so pretty. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Jess, this is amazing! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Jess!! Everything about this is perfect!! Love this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Jess! The exploding canvas is such a cool technique and the blue color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Stunning!!! Off for a closer look!!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking and leaving such nice feedback on my blog :)

      Delete