Thursday, December 5, 2013

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Cindy !

Today we're welcoming Cindy Pointe, of The Creative Pointe, as our Guest Designer. Cindy was the winner chosen by the DT of the Thanksgiving challenge and therefore was asked if she would like to join us as Guest Designer for this challenge.

So, let's move on to what Cindy has to say and also share her fabulous project !


I've been a painter for over 25 years and had hesitated getting into papercrafting as I "already had enough hobbies",  but my sister became a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I received lots of product by helping her out hosting a party and then letting her pay off a washer with stamps! I basically just fiddled around making a few cards now and then.  Since I don't have kids I didn't think I "needed" to scrapbook. That all changed when my sisters, Mom and I created a scrapbook for my Dad's 70th birthday and I really enjoyed it. So...I made scrapbooks for my dogs!  And then for trips. Now I scrap everything that is meaningful to me. A few years ago I got a Cricut to make scrapping easier and then discovered Sure Cuts A Lot. What a revelation! I could make anything I wanted from paper! Now I design SVG files that I offer for free and sell online and host a challenge blog for SVG file users.  I paint, make cards, tags, multi-media pieces and even some jewelry....I love it all!
I have a marketing degree and have worked in the newspaper business for almost 30 years.  I live "up in Northern Michigan" in the woods on a little lake...heaven on earth...with my hubby and bulldog Gus.




 I love the faux chalkboard look that is so popular right now so I decided to create a Christmas gift tag that incorporated that element.  Of course I love to WEAR black and red so it was a "no brainer" to choose those colors for my tag.



I designed the tag so that the "To" and "From" section was on the back, allowing the tag to serve double duty as an ornament after the gift exchange.  For supplies used and step-by-step instructions on this Christmas gift tag, please click over to my blog:  The Creative Pointe.

I'm sure you will agree Cindy's tag is beautiful and will look fabulous on one lucky person's Christmas present ! There's still a few days left to join in with the current challenge which is Gift Tags and Note Cards.

All you need to do is join in to be in with a chance of being the next Guest Designer !

6 comments:

  1. Love this colour scheme and the elegance of your tags Cindy. So glad you could join us here at Frilly and Funkie this time. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the honor of being selected as a Guest Designer on Frilly and Funkie! I'm always so inspired by your Design Team, so to be included with you all is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful makes and a great to read Q&A! Thank you!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I love your tags. Of course the chalkboard is fabulous. But I really adore the colors you used for them. Gorgeous!!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tag, Cindy. The colors are great and making it a gift tag and also an ornament is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, Loved your tag as the guest designer of the day! I really like your style! I look forward to your future posts! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete